1. Supporting the Society by:
a. Taking an active role in theupdating of The Society
b. Promoting the benefits of membership
c. Offering feedback when requested
2. Looking at opportunities to make BGOGS more attractive to firstly keep the members we have and secondly, appealing to new members.
3. Digitizing all relevant publications produced by BGOGS members
4. Producing DVDs of newspaper clippings & relevant genealogy material known as Surname Collection – Volume 1 & Volume 2.
5. Endeavoring to streamline the operations of the group to work more efficiently and attract more volunteers.
6. Looking for new opportunities to offer more of the unique information about Grey & Bruce Counties to offer to the genealogical world.
7. Supporting activities in the community, i.e. The School Heritage Fair; Black History Event; Community promotions; i.e.
2013 BRUCE GREY BRANCH FAMILY STORY CONTEST: KEN YOUNG FAMILY STORY FOR GREY COUNTY AND BETTY WILSON FAMILY STORY FOR BRUCE COUNTY
The Bruce & Grey Branch of O. G. S. is looking for the story of your ancestor or family in Bruce or Grey County for their second family story contest.
Eligibility: Open to anyone who would like to submit a story!
Entry: Your story must be a previously unpublished work in essay form, 800 to 1500 words in length telling of the arrival, the life, or other interesting detail of your family in Bruce or Grey County. It must also include your name and contact information.
BGOGS Volunteering Opportunities
Several days each year are slated for cemetery transcribing. Volunteers are needed to visit a cemetery and transcribe information from the headstones and / or to update or verify previously transcribed information.
If you would like to volunteer to be on a transcribing crew or need further information, please contact Betty Siegrist at (519) 534-1078